Friday, March 13, 2009

Rough week!

So, I hate to complain and sound so ungrateful, but this has been quite a rough week!! Cole has decided that he does not want to nap...today has been Day 5 of 15-minute naps...and some of those days I was lucky if he even took a 15-minute nap! It has been pretty frustrating, especially since he was taking two naps a day - about 1.5-2 hours each!! He is sleeping through the night, like he always has, so I am thankful for that. However, I feel like I get hardly anything done during the day and I don't get to spend as much time with Landon. I finally caved in and just started putting him in his crib during his usual naptime. Most of the time he cries/whines and not once did he ever fall asleep on his own. I have a very strong-willed child!! He cried/whined for almost an hour once. And yes, I did check on him to make sure he was OK - he was fine...fed, diapered, and had toys to play with. I feel like a mean mommy sometimes, but I don't want to lose my sanity and this child needs to learn that he can't always control me. So, thank goodness the weekend is here and Jason will be able to help!! I am very burned out and tired after this long week!!

Last night, my family came over again to help with the basement...YAY!! It is coming along and I am so excited! The entire basement is pretty much framed except for one small wall underneath the stairs. I will try to get some pictures of the progress they are making.

On a side note, I want to give a shout-out to Ginny...THANK YOU!!! She helped me clean up the look of my blog...she's quite the blogging genius :) I would love to do so much more with it, but I don't have much time to play around with it and she was able to fix my picture and help me figure out how to fix the background on my posts!!

Well, I've gotta run - Landon is begging for some attention!!

1 comments:

The Logans said...

Whoo hooo...I got a shout out! :) It took me some time tinkering to figure it out for mine. I don't have 2 kids to chase yet so I still have time for such things. :) Your blog looks great.

As for that Cole baby. He reminds me of Jack so much. He would cry for hours and I would feel so angry inside that he wouldn't give up. Josh would come home from work and I'd hand him Jack and say, "keep him away from me." I know, so mean, but we were driving eachother nuts. It was a phase for Jack...he naps great now and eventually did after a week or so of driving me bonkers.