Wednesday, March 18, 2009

American Idol Review

So, to all of my fellow American Idol fans...once again - another great night, well, for most anyway! I'm not a huge country fan, so I was a little worried about last night - I didn't know like any of the songs. But here is how I thought everyone did (hopefully I get the right order and don't miss anyone):

Michael - He did average...he's not someone who is really standing out to me in the competition and I don't think he'll make it very far. I was a little surprised to see him make it into the Final 13.

Allison - I thought she did OK, I honestly don't remember what she sang. She definitely has a great, powerful voice! She's very young and I know that even if she doesn't make it very far in this competition, she'll go somewhere!

Kris - I really like him and I thought he had a great song choice last night!! He has a great voice and I really like him as a person! I hate to say though that I don't really see a WOW factor in him...but maybe it will come through soon! He seems like such a sweet guy!

Lil - I've liked Lil in the past, but I thought last night did not do her any favors. She can really sing, but that was a terrible song choice for her!! I was not impressed at all and think she might be in trouble this week.

Adam - CREEPY!! His song, his appearance, everything about him creeped me out. I really think he has a great voice and can sing, but even though I know I shouldn't judge, there is just something about him that makes me so uncomfortable!! Needless to say, I thought he did terrible last night - the entire thing was just WEIRD! I agree with everything Simon said about him!

Scott - What a sweetheart...that boy is genuine and really sings from the heart. I thought he did great! Is he the best singer? No, but like I said earlier, he really sings from the heart and he's the real deal - such a sweet guy. I can't imagine how much "extra" work he puts in each week and still comes out with a smile on his face and reaches everyone's hearts through his songs!

Alexis - Ever since Hollywood, she has been very unimpressive in my opinion. I think she is a decent singer, but she doesn't really seem to be into it and she has NOT been doing well. I think she might also be in trouble this week.

Danny - LOVE HIM, LOVE HIM, LOVE HIM!! I think they should end the season now and make him the next American Idol. If you can't tell, I am a huge Danny fan! He may not have started the verses out great, but he really nailed that Carrie Underwood song. I really like Danny a lot and I think he will definitely make it to the Final Two, if not win it all!

Anoop - Anoop, Anoop, Anoop (what a cool name). Well, I'm not sure what to say. He did great last night and I really did like him in the beginning of the season, but he seems to be getting really cocky which is a huge turn-off for me. I don't know...I'm just not sure what to think of him, but he did do well last night.

Megan - {{chuckle}} I have to laugh because she has got the weirdest "dance" - she does the same thing EVERY week and it's getting really awkward and old!! What a trooper though for coming out and singing as well as she did while battling influenza!! I thought she sang well. I like Megan because she has a very unique voice, but I could REALLY do without the ginormous tattoo and he weird dancing!

Matt - He is definitely becoming one of my other favorites...I thought he nailed it last night - I really enjoyed his performance!! I loved him at the piano and I thought he did such a great job!! I think he will make it pretty far in this competition...he just brought Danny and Adam some competition (I still don't agree with how great everyone thinks Adam is, but whatever).

So those are my thoughts in a nutshell...I think they need to put me on the judge's panel - right next to hottie Simon :) I really don't care for the new judge AT ALL!! She really irks me and just rubs me the wrong way!!

Well, I've gotta run - it's been a VERY long day so far and it's only 1:00!! I have a very fussy 9-month old who has refused to take a nap for over a week now, unless it's in bed next to me, which I do not encourage whatsoever. I've only allowed it twice just to keep my sanity, but he really needs to learn to nap in his crib. Right now he is up there crying - HOPEFULLY he will fall asleep soon :)

3 comments:

Fickes Family said...

Taryn, I totally agree with you about the new judge. I'm so glad to know its not just me... I just find her really annoying for some reason!

Anonymous said...

T- I totally agree with your American Idol assessment! :) We're only half following this season, but have enjoyed watching it when we have the chance. And yes, Adam couldn't be any more creepy!

On another note, your basement is looking good. I'm excited to see the finished product. Your dad always does such a good job.

I've been praying for you about Cole. Hope things are going better. Hang in there!!

-Amanda :)

HzlntLatte said...

As for the the new judge, she takes too long to say anything. I thought Paula was bad, but Paula seems to have gotten better and more concise. Paula was funny with her comments, or should I say, most were off the wall which made them funny.

Any way...I'm for Danny all the way!