Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's been awhile...

I know it's been quite awhile - these past few weeks have been C-R-A-Z-Y!!!! Both of the boys were really, really sick. Landon started out first with a really deep chest cough - no other symptoms. It ended up getting so bad that he was throwing up after every cough. So I took him in and they said he had a really bad respiratory infection. Well, then he had a high fever for the next 3 days (103.4) that we couldn't get to come down. So on Sunday, his pediatrician put him on an antibiotic right away since he had really worsened!! It seemed to do the trick and he's finally back to himself (about 2 weeks later). And then Cole got the exact same thing...about 2 days after Landon started with it - so they both had it at about the same time. Cole was at the doctor's twice and his fever spiked to 104.8 (very scary). The poor thing was so lethargic - it was so hard to watch. He had the same thing, but he also had a double ear infection and to complicate things, his two top front teeth popped through!! So it was a really rough couple of weeks. We got hardly any sleep and it was just really, really stressful!! Thank goodness it's behind us!! Here are two pics of my sick little guys...I felt so bad for them - just looking at these pictures makes me want to cry!




We are now in the process of finishing our basement!! We planned to finish it shortly after moving in, but Jason's family is coming at the end of the month, so there's been a big push to get it finished quickly!! I'm not sure we will have it all finished, but hopefully enough done for them to stay down there! Jason, my dad, and my brothers and brother-in-law have been working really hard!!! I will post pictures on the progress. This is what it looked like before they started (well, plus a few studs - I forgot to take pictures before they went up). I am REALLY looking forward to it being done! There is going to be a playroom down there which I am so excited about! Right now I have toys scattered all over my kitchen, family room, and living room! I can't wait for most of them to be downstairs! The basement isn't huge, but it will be nice to have some extra living space :) Here are a few pics:


Well, I have lots to get done this morning, especially with Awana tonight, so I better run!! I will try to write again soon :)

2 comments:

amy said...

i know he was so sick, but poor cole looks so damn cute! i'm glad that they are feeling better! hopefully you won't have to experience that again!

The Logans said...

oh your poor sick babies. :(

I fixed your header picture, but then realized I don't have an up to date email address for you. Can you email me at gin123180@yahoo.com so I can send it to you? :)