I LOVE Oatmeal Raisin cookies, but I've tried several recipes and just haven't found one that I've fallen in love with...until today!! I decided to try a new recipe and they turned out great!! They are so soft and moist and chewy...my mouth waters just talking about them :) Here is the recipe:
Whisk together and set aside
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cream wet ingredients
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Then stir in
- 3 cups oats (not instant)
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
- (Over mixing develops the gluten, making a tough cookie.) Now add the oats and raisins; stir to incorporate.
- Fill cookie scoop with dough.
- (Use a #40 cookie scoop; it measures 2 tablespoon of dough) Press against side of bowl, pulling up to level dough.
- Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Anyways, here is a picture of the finished product: