Sunday, February 8, 2009

YAY Uncle Dathan!

Last night we went to Lancaster for my brothers' basketball game. It was a rough game and we ended up losing. We have a very strong team this year, but one of our best players is out with an ankle injury and we just couldn't pull off the win last night. BUT, my brother Dathan (who scored his 1,000th point last year as a junior) broke the school record in high scoring!!! CONGRATULATIONS DATHAN!! We are so proud of him :) He is now at 1,513 points! It was such an awesome moment and a huge accomplishment for him! He is currently the leading scorer in our county and he's had a great year!! Last night, his fellow teammate, Jason Carman (also a senior) scored his 1,000th point with 1.8 seconds left in the game - it was incredible!!! Jason was the 3rd guy on their team to reach 1,000 points. Josh Conover, another senior (who is out with an ankle injury), was the 2nd to reach his 1,000 points. To have three guys on a team reach 1,000 points while playing together is a rare trifecta (according to Reading Eagle - our local newspaper). Anyways, I thought I'd put up some pictures from last night...I didn't get many good pictures during the game, but I got a few "still" photos :)

The team during the National Anthem: Dathan is the 3rd in from the right; Jordan is the 2nd in from the right

The team huddling up before the game:

Landon cheering for his uncles:

The scoreboard after he scored the record-breaking point:
Family shot after the game (of course the boys wouldn't look at the camera):

Dathan and Jason:

Landon with his Uncle Jordan (Uncle "Jo-Jo") and Uncle Dathan:

Dathan after the game - CONGRATS!!!!

One of the countdown posters:

Dathan and Jason with their families:
Jason's parents, Jason's sister, Jason, Dathan, Jordan, my Mom, Jason's brother, my Dad

Josh, Jason, and Dathan - the three 1,000 point seniors:

WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!

2 comments:

The Logans said...

I can't believe how big your brothers are now! Cute post! Hurray for Dathan! Your signs were great too!

Your blog looks cute! I love the picture at the top. I'm sure there will be a day where I'll be too busy to keep up on mine as much as I do now. :)

Sarah "Slobodian" Crouch said...

Awww...your brothers are getting older:( Congrats to Dathan! How cute are those posters!