Friday, September 7, 2007

Motherly Love

My friend Jennifer forwarded this to me (and also posted it in her blog) and I really enjoyed it so I thought I'd copy it in my blog. I am so thankful that God has blessed us with Landon - it is so incredible being a mommy! Many of you know the hard journey we faced with infertility...we never thought that we would ever be able to have children of our own and God was so gracious enough to provide us with our miracle. I am truly blessed and my prayers go out to my friends and others who are still travelling down the heart-breaking road of infertility. I pray that one day they can experience how amazing it is to hold your own child in your arms. OK, before I get choked up, here it is:

Motherly Love Is..............

...pretending that you're already full when your child wants the one cookie left in the box.

...wishing it was you with the stomach flu and not him.

...cluttering up your precious storage space with her baby clothes because you just can't bear to part with them.

...always having his favorite snack in your handbag (and your favorite photo of him tucked in there too).

...accepting the soggy half-eaten cookie she lovingly offers you(and eating it too)

...buying a box of cereal just to get the prize he so desperately wants.

...sitting through an entire Barney DVD because it's her favorite and she wants to share it with you.

...being driven crazy when he's with you, but missing him like crazy when he isn't.

...when, even after endless sleepless nights, continuous mounds of laundry and a house that looks like a toy store after a tornado, one little smile is all it takes to melt your heart.

...when the other child is always the one who started it.

...dealing with everything that comes your way without giving it a second thought, whether it's vomit, snot, or poo.

...happily replacing your favorite painting with that lovely dried macaroni collage he made just for you.

...Being a mother is the greatest gift I have ever been given

AMEN!!!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Does this not say it all, I love it and I am so glad you posted it!! Babies are a true gift from God and they are our little miracles. Take care and keep in touch!
Love and Hugs
Jennifer

gone forever said...

i'm glad you posted that =)!! I didn't realize you battled infertility. that's awesome that God gave you Landon!!